Dear Lyla wishes to make your online shopping experience an enjoyable and convenient one.
These terms and conditions (T&Cs) listed here apply to www.dearlyla.com (our website) and would apply to the goods and services that we supply to you.
Dear Lyla reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions at any time without notification. By using our website, you agree to abide by the terms and conditions listed on our website.
Terms of Sales
All information provided to us when making a purchase and creating an account with us should be true and accurate. You should also be the authorized user of the payment method that you have provided to us.
Dear Lyla reserves the right to cancel any orders, limit the number of items ordered, and to refuse service to you without prior notification if we, in our opinion, find that you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of our T&Cs.
In the event that your purchases / a part of your purchases is unavailable due to our mistakes, a cash refund will be facilitated.
Orders are confirmed once payment has been made. All orders placed on our website cannot be modified or cancelled after it has been confirmed. You will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of your orders. In the event that an incorrect product/colour/size is ordered, Dear Lyla shall not be held liable to amend/cancel/combine any confirmed orders. You may however proceed to make an exchange or return request (subjected to the Dear Lyla’s Exchange and Returns T&Cs).
Kindly ensure that the shipping address provided at checkout is valid and correct. Dear Lyla shall not be responsible for failed deliveries caused by the provision of incorrect/incomplete addresses.
Delay in order processing and shipment can be expected during the peak periods (festive seasons) and sale periods. Any delivery duration stated during the order process are estimates only.
Please note Backorder (BO) and Preorder (PO) items are not instock. Please make a purchase only if you are alright with the waiting time and any unforeseen delays. We will only ship out your BO/PO items based on the ETAs stated in the product description of the product page.
If other instock item(s) are placed together in the same order, all items will only be dispatched when the BO/PO item arrives. If you would like your instock item(s) to be dispatched first, kindly opt for split shipping at checkout.
Kindly note that there may be slight colour differences for Backorder batches. There is strictly no refunds if one backs out of paid backorder.
Backorder slots are limited, extra stocks will be added only if our factory produces extra quantities or if there is any return. Please cart out the item you want early to avoid disappointment.
User Account Creation
When you create a user account with Dear Lyla, the information you provide us must be true and accurate. You must also treat the account information and password confidential, without disclosing them to any third party. We reserve the right to disable any user account at any time if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of our T&Cs.
Intellectual Property Rights
Dear Lyla is the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights of all content on our website. It is strictly prohibited to copy, republish, upload, download, distribute or howsoever deal with any content or material on our website by any means without Dear Lyla's prior written permission.
By accessing or using our website, you agree and undertake not to:
- use our website for any illegal purposes (e.g. non-conformance to policies on acceptable usage of any computer networks, applicable Internet standards and laws);
- impersonate any individual or organisation, or to falsely state your affiliation with any individual or organisation;
- use or upload any software or material that contains, or which may be suspected to contain viruses, damaging components, malicious code or harmful components which may impair or corrupt our website’s data or interfere with the operation of another customer’s computer or mobile device; and
- promote or transmit any graphics, photographs, data and/or any other material through our website which may contain any computer virus or other invasive, damaging code or program; infringes any third-party intellectual property or any other proprietary rights; is defamatory or threatening; is obscene, counterfeited, stolen, offensive or otherwise illegal under any applicable law; in our opinion.
Breach of T&Cs
We will determine in our sole discretion whether there has been a breach of these T&Cs through your use and/or access of the Site. When a breach of these T&Cs has occurred, we may take action as we deem appropriate,
Depending on the breach, we may take actions such as:
- Temporarily or permanently withdrawing your right to use and/or access our website;
- Issuing a warning to you;
- Commencing legal proceedings against you for any loss we incur due to your breach;
- Disclosure to law enforcement authorities of such information as we reasonably deem necessary;
- Other actions we deem appropriate
Links To Third-Party Sites
The Site may contain links to third-party websites that are not affiliated with or owned, operated, or controlled by Dear Lyla, including third party payment system providers. You acknowledge and agree that Dear Lyla is not responsible for the content, privacy policies, or practices of such third-party websites or the companies that own them. By using the Site, you expressly relieve Dear Lyla from any and all liability arising from your access and use of any third-party website.
We encourage you to review the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third-party websites before using them and disclosing your personal data to them.
For Singapore orders, we accept payment via the following payment options:
- Major credit cards (Visa/Mastercard)
- FavePay (5% instant cashback) & Fave PayLater (1% instant cashback)
- GrabPay & Grab PayLater
- Atome instalment option with 0% interest
- Bank transfer
For international orders, we accept payment via major credit cards and PayPal.
For payment via FavePay, PayNow and Bank Transfer, please complete the payment as soon as your order has been submitted. Do note that the order will be automatically cancelled after 24 hours if payment is not received. After you’ve made the transfer, please update us with your transaction information.
For payment via Paypal, you will be directed to Paypal payment page upon checking out. Please make payment immediately via the Stripe pop-up page to secure your order. Please do not click "back", cancel or refresh at any point when making payment as this may disrupt the payment process as payments may not be synced on our server, and your order may be cancelled.
For payment via FavePay, GrabPay and Atome, instructions for payment will be provided at checkout and will direct you to the respective apps to proceed with the payment process. Please make payment immediately via the app to secure your order. Please do not click "back", cancel, or refresh at any point when making payment as this may disrupt the payment process as payments may not be synced on our server, and your order may be cancelled.
For payment via credit card, simply key in your credit card details at the payment page and click on “Pay Now” to confirm your purchase. Please note that by adding item(s) into your cart, it does not signify you have successfully purchased the item(s). Item(s) is only secured upon submission of payment.
When placing an order with a valid discount codes, please ensure to input the code and click ‘APPLY DISCOUNT’ before checking out for discount to be valid.
- Orders placed using discount codes (except for membership discount, subscriber discount and referral discount) are not applicable for returns and can only be exchanged for a different design or different size of the same item.
- Occasional discount codes issued to you may or may not come with an expiry date as well as terms and conditions. This will be informed accordingly when the discount code is provided to you. If the discount codes are not utilised within the given timeframe, the discount code will be forfeited.
- Birthday discounts are automatically applied on the first order of the birthday month per customer.
- Discount codes are not stackable.
- Discount codes can only be used on regular priced items.
You will receive store credit in your Dear Lyla account for returning an order within 7 working days from when we receive your return parcel. The amount of store credit credited to your account will only include the amount paid for the item(s), excluding the original delivery fee.
- Store credits expire after 365 days from the date of receipt.
- Store credits are redeemable on merchandise at dearlyla.com only.
- Store credits are non-refundable, non-extensible, non-exchangeable for cash.
- Store credits can be stackable with other discount codes during checkout.
- Any unused store credits are safely kept in your account, ready for use on your next purchase.
Gift cards are purchased online and sent electronically to your recipient of choice via email. Gift cards can be obtained as a gift from your friend.
Simply apply the Gift Card code at checkout. Kindly make sure the value has been offset from your order’s final amount before completing your purchase.
- Gift cards expire after 365 days from the date of receipt.
- Gift cards are redeemable on merchandise at dearlyla.com only.
- Gift cards are non-refundable, non-extensible, non-exchangeable for cash.
- Gift cards can be stackable with other discount codes during checkout.
- If the order value is less than the gift card value, the remaining value will be considered as forfeited.
- Dear Lyla reserves the right to refuse, cancel or hold for review any Gift Cards for suspected fraud, mistakenly issued in an incorrect denomination, or for other violations of Gift Card policies.
- Discount codes cannot be used to purchase Gift Cards.
Refer A Friend
Give your friends 10% off their first order and you will get $5 store credits after their order is fulfilled. The invitation has no expiry. Invitee gets to enjoy one-time 10% off their first order only, not stackable with any other discount codes.
Returns & Exchanges
Dear Lyla offers fuss-free return/exchange for any reasons. You may make a return/exchange request for your purchase within 14 days from the date of receipt of your items.
Exchange/return items must be in their original condition, unworn, unwashed, unaltered and with their tags intact and in their original ziplock packaging to be eligible for return/exchange.
If you return an item that does not meet our exchange/return conditions, we reserve the right to reject the return and any request for a store credit refund.
For regular priced items purchased without any discounts
You may choose to return for store credit / exchange for any item in our store.
For regular priced items purchased with any discounts
You may choose to exchange for a different design / different size of the same item (subject to item’s availability).
For items in "Sale" category
You can only exchange for a different size of the same item (subject to item’s availability).
For returns, reimbursement will be in the form of store credits which expire after 365 days from the date of receipt. There is strictly no cash refunds.
Do note that if your order’s shipping was free, if you return all items from the order, we will deduct SGD3.50 from the total store credits that you will receive. This is to cover the initial free standard courier shipping which we had provided you. For international orders, courier fee is partially subsidised by Dear Lyla. Hence, if you return the entire order, the subsidised amount will be deducted from your store credits. Do check with us on the subsidised amount for your order.
Sale items and items purchased with discount codes (except for membership discount, subscriber discount and referral discount) are strictly non-returnable for store credits (unless the item is defective - please see section on what is considered as a defect).
Store credits will be reimbursed to you within 7 days from the day we receive your return items in their original condition. If you do not receive your store credits within 7 days, kindly drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you as soon as possible.
For exchanges, If the replacement item of choice is of a lower value, the remaining value will be reimbursed as store credits.
If the exchange item is of a higher value, you will have to pay the difference. We will send you an email with the payment instructions when we receive the item.
If your desired size or colour is no longer available on the day we receive your return parcel or 12 hours prior to meet-up appointment, we will inform you and reimburse you with store credits (if eligible) or you may exchange for any other item.
Exchange is allowed for sale items or items purchased with discount code unless stated otherwise in the sales/promo code terms and conditions.
Exchanges can only be done once for each item and the exchange will be final after it has been processed.
Purchase of intimates, swimwear, accessories, bags, gift cards are final and cannot be returned or exchanged.
Product Description and Defects
As much as Dear Lyla strives to provide an accurate as reasonably possible description of the products available for purchase on our website, please do take note that our products may vary slightly from their pictures. The images of the products on our website are for illustrative purposes only. Colours might appear slightly different in real life due to studio lighting conditions, or variances in individual’s computer screen settings/calibration. We do not warrant that product descriptions or other content on the website are accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free.
A defective merchandise is defined as an item that has manufacturer defects at the point of receipt that affect the outer appearance of the clothing and is obvious when worn (before washing), holes, pills, missing buttons or spoilt zippers which are unable to be zipped or unzipped.
Some examples of other minor imperfections that are unlikely to affect the overall appearance of the clothing and hence not considered as defects are:
- Minor variations in measurement - within 0.5 inches (measured when item is laid flat and untouched), is not considered a defect as our items are all mass manufactured by hand.
- Slight colour deviations are also not considered defect as colours may appear different under different monitor resolutions and studio/outdoor lighting.
- Placement of prints for printed items as it will differ for every piece due to cut of fabric.
- Minor stains or technical markings that can be easily washed off.
- Small stains on light coloured items that are not obvious.
- Loose threads, loose buttons, dropped buttons which can be easily resewn.
- Minor threading on inner lining and minor stains in inner lining/areas that are not visible when worn.
Due to the nature of some fabrics such as linen, satin or fabrics with textures, there may be some streaks/slight stains/specks of fabric on the items. However, this is not considered a defect.
Treatment of clothing with the use of bleach, strong detergents, high heat (e.g. dryer or iron) or soaking may result in unintended damage to your clothing items. Dear Lyla will not be able to offer a replacement or refund once your items have been washed.
*Sale items may have slight defects like small scratches or small stains that are not obvious and negligible when worn. They are strictly not returnable and can only be exchanged to a different size of the same item.
If the reason for return/exchange is verified as incorrect or defective item, Dear Lyla will bear the cost of all shipments. If there are still stocks available for the defect item, Dear Lyla will arrange for a one-to-one exchange. In the event if the defect item is out of stock, a refund via store credits will be issued.
*Please ensure you have received our acknowledgement via email prior to returning defective or incorrect items.
All other reasons for a request for return or exchange will be considered on a case by case basis.
Dear Lyla reserves the right of final decision in the event of any dispute.